On earthworks - Looking West 1979
The initial Mangere Bridge was wooden and completed in January 1875. It was replaced in 1914 by a 246metre long replacement, designed by RF Moore who had designed Grafton Bridge. However this too stretched capacity and the piles were sinking so yet another new bridge was constructed and completed in 1983; this is the older portion of the current bridge which now carries 80,000 vehicles per day.
mixed media and oil pastel on paper
titled and dated 2.1.79 in pencil on masking tape below image
286 x 387mm
Stock Number: 90206
Price category under $2,999
Contact Ferner about this Artwork